Real Estatesin Bulgaria

Visa for property owners in Bulgaria

  1. Home
  2. / Visa for property owners in Bulgaria
Visa for property owners in Bulgaria

A very frequent question from clients who are interested in buying property in Bulgaria is “What is my benefit if I buy an apartment or a house in Bulgaria?”.

All owners of real estate in Bulgaria, as well as members of their families, have the right to issue a multivisa type "D". The following documents are required for this visa:
1. A notarized copy of the contract of sale of real estate (Notary Act). A copy can be notarized at any Bulgarian notary or at the Consular Section of the Embassy of the Republic of Bulgaria;
2. A certificate or certificate from the tax authorities of the country about the absence of debts (receipt of paid taxes for real estate);
3. A copy of the certificate of commissioning of the building in which the property is located (the so-called Act 16);
4. Certificate from the place of work or study, or a pension certificate for pensioners;
5. Documents proving the financial viability of the applicant (bank certificates, certificates of the status of card accounts).

In addition to these documents, we also need:
• A completed and signed visa application form;
• International passport valid for at least 3 months after the end of the intended trip;
• One color photo 3.5 x 4.5 cm on a light background;
• Medical insurance.

Owners of real estate at the first submission of documents can apply for a visa for a period of 6 months to 1 year. Upon subsequent filing - for a two-year or more, only if you have used a visa for the last 2 years. To confirm the documents attached copies of the visa.
The right to obtain a multiple-entry visa are also close relatives of the property owner, namely: spouses and minor children.
It is very important to know that the multivisa, valid for 12 months, gives the right to stay in Bulgaria for up to 90 days in each half of the year from the moment of the first entry.

Property owners can apply for a visa in the Visa Service Center of the Republic of Bulgaria in their city, and if there is no such center, you can contact any tour operator accredited to Bulgaria.